- 280g breadcrumbs, made from stale bread
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 clove, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets,
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- mayonnaise to serve (optional)
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 40 minutes
- Slice chicken breasts lengthways into long strips about 10cm-13cm long and 1-1½ cm wide. Don’t worry if you end up with some smaller bits of chicken, these will work just as well.
- Place breadcrumbs into a food processor together with the garlic powder, celery seeds, paprika, fennel, salt, pepper and lemon rind and process until the breadcrumbs are nice and fine.
- Place the breadcrumbs into a large plastic bag together with the chicken strips. Shake until the strips are well coated with the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange breaded strips in a single layer on a large plate and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees C.
- Lightly oil a baking dish or tray with the olive oil (I line mine with baking paper first to make cleaning up easier).
- Place chicken in a single layer into the baking dish Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold, drizzled generously with the dressing of your choice